Monday, September 26, 2011

JENNIFER'S RED PEPPER CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN SOUP

     My darling friend, Jennifer, was at my home the other night and told me about a new soup concoction she came up with that started with a box of roasted red pepper and tomato soup.  The soup is delicious on its own but one night she worked her magic (she tweaks everything) and added a little pizazz to the soup.  Pre-cooked chicken, canned black beans, and brown rice were tossed in and it was a hit.  So, I did the same.  (I subbed leftover Basmati rice for brown rice.)  Sooo good and easy--one pot cooking! 



3 comments:

  1. So glad you tried it -- and liked it! The soup looks so pretty in your green Le Creuset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Questions regarding the soup-----
    1. did you cook the rice before adding it to the soup?
    2. did you add anythingelse to pizazz it?
    3. how long did you cook it together?

    Thank you---I am so looking forward to eating some wonderful soups! Post more soup recipes!!

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana:

    Yes, the rice was cooked prior to adding to the soup. I usually have a stash of frozen, cooked rice in the freezer.

    I didn't add anything but the pre-cooked, bottled chicken, the black beans and lots of freshly ground black pepper. So, time-wise, it was ready to go in about 20 min.

    Just bought a new cookbook devoted to soups so more recipes to come!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete