Friday, May 27, 2011

MOM'S MEAT LOAF - Sort of



I was really hesitant to take pictures and post this recipe.  It's sort of a recipe only my sisters, dad, and I could love.  Our cute mom created this recipe on her own when my darling dad told her he wished for a meat loaf without eggs or breadcrumbs (or gasp, ketchup).  So, my mom came up with this and we all loved it.  My dad didn't think the name "meat loaf" did it justice but we were not a clever nick-name sort of family so we never came up with any cute name.

A few years ago I recreated it for my sisters and they loved it.  Then I gave some to my neighbor and friend, Sheli, and she loved it.  So here is the world's easiest meat loaf:

1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 baking potato, peeled and shredded
1 large carrot, peeled and shredded

That's it--can you believe it?  Four ingredients. Well, plus salt and pepper.  I suppose you could add chopped celery and spices.  Come to think of it, my mom may have added celery.  But she only spiced it up with salt and pepper.

In a bowl mix the above ingredients, add salt and pepper, and press into a baking dish (sprayed with non-stick coating).  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Serve and eat up.  Oh, and a little squirt of ketchup wouldn't hurt.



If you can think of a better name for our dish, feel free to leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. I have got to try this... anyway, I never have any bread crumbs around! If your mom made it, it must have been good. xo j

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Meatloafer?
    CL

    ReplyDelete