Sunday, December 12, 2010

A FEW FAVORITE FUN LINES FROM BOOKS

Storybook Land Canal Boat Ride, Disneyland


"I have thought it all over I assure you, and I can perfectly account for every thing that at first seemed strange to me as well as to you."

"Can you, indeed!"

"Yes. I have explained it to myself in the most satisfactory way."
Mrs. Dashwood to Elinor, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen


"Spare me the gossip from the looney-bin."
Bertie Wooster,  Thank You, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse



"I'm not smart enough to speak unintelligibly."
Catherine Moreland, Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen



"Wake up, Bertie, you old ass! she cried in a voice that hit me between the eyebrows and went out at 
the back of my head."
Aunt Dahlia and Bertie Wooster, Right Ho, Jeeves, P.G. Wodehouse

4 comments:

  1. I can't ever get enough of Jeeves and Wooster! Best thing to read or listen too if you arefeeling low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree!

    Remember the conversation we had at our table outside the theatre in Stratford? One of the women said it should be illegal to drive a car and listen to Bertie Wooster at the same time! I still laugh about that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I really have to read a Jane Austin book, Love that line.
    Now I have to listen to Jeeves and Wooster? Will I like it if I'm not up on Brit Lit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Jump in! You will love Bertie whether you are an Anglophile or not.

    ReplyDelete