Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ROASTED CHICKEN AND ONIONS

Roasted chicken on a Sunday is so fitting, don't you think? Instead of potatoes I roasted a whole onion. Those almost burnt caramelized edges were so sweet and tasted just right speared with the bites of chicken.

I served with fresh asparagus, also roasted (for last 15 minutes), with nothing but its sweet goodness.







Super easy, as most roast chickens are. Here is what I did:

1 chicken
1 onion- sliced
1 lemon - quartered
olive oil (I used blood orange olive oil but any olive oil will do)
salt and pepper

Rinse the chicken, pat it dry, and stuff insides with the lemon quarters. Rub a bit of olive oil on the outside of chicken and douse with salt and pepper.

Place sliced onions at the bottom of a heavy pot and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chicken on top of the sliced onions and cook at 425 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done. Remove from oven, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes for chicken to reabsorb juices.

1 comment:

  1. You are incredible! I can't wait to try these recipes. I met you at Sharon's wedding reception. Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete