Saturday, May 9, 2009

BALSAMIC STRAWBERRIES & ICE CREAM


I've been reading about balsamic-laced strawberries for a while now and finally made it. It was a little odd adding balsamic vinegar and pepper to gorgeous, plump strawberries! Would I be ruining a perfecting beautiful bunch of strawberries? So I had to take the word of total strangers who tell me online that I will love this combination. They were right.

The combination of flavors just make the strawberries taste more strawberry. Vanilla ice cream was a great pairing but I would love it with greek yogurt or cheesecake (although I like my cheesecake plain).

Go ahead and try it--use all the ingredients, even the pepper. You will be surprised at how the ingredients are not intrusive but enhance the strawberries. Enjoy!

BALSAMIC STRAWBERRIES
2 pints (4 cups) strawberries
2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sugar (you could use less)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Clean strawberries and cut in half. Toss with balsamic vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Let sit for one hour. Serve over vanilla ice cream.

This is a combination of several recipes I found online.




2 comments:

  1. This was so amazingly good! I promise! As the old saying goes..."try it, you'll like it!". Thanks for another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete