Monday, April 20, 2009

QUICK BREAD WITH BREAD MACHINE


Years ago I bought my Mom and Dad a bread machine. I stopped by their home to make the first batch of bread using the machine. Later that night I called and they were sitting at the kitchen table enjoying fresh, hot homemade bread with butter and strawberry jam. It brings a tear to my eye thinking of that image.


I've had the bread machine stored in my pantry for the last several years and recently decided I needed to use it or give it away. This morning I used it. Of course it is ridiculously easy to use and makes good bread. If you have a bread machine this recipe is worth making. Basically, it is a whole wheat banana bread that it not as sweet as regular banana bread.

WHOLE WHEAT MUFFIN BREAD
1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes and softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 Tablespoon honey

Sift the following ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Add all ingredients to your bread pan in the order shown above. Press the "Quick Bread" button on your machine. Done!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Can I make it in a regular oven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment brought a tear to my eye.. Hope that you're doing well..
    Jill

    ReplyDelete