Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BOOK REVIEW 2008

Looking back it was a surprisingly good year of reading. And some of these books I've enjoyed on tape. Here is a list of last year's (can you believe 2008 is last year??) with comments. Titles with asterik* are highly recommended reading.

*American Lion - Enlightening
*Northanger Abbey - Excellent, comical (good to read at least one Jane Austen annually)
*Garlic and Sapphires - Very enjoyable
*The Clothes They Stood Up In - Quirky
Rise and Shine - Good
*Benjamin Franklin: An American Life - Very good
*The 5,000 Year Leap - Educational
*Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Surprisingly good
*Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day - Loved it, better than the movie
Brunelleschi's Dome - Tedious
Bad Luck and Trouble - Entertaining
*Right Ho, Jeeves - Wooster and Jeeves are always great fun
*Luncheon of the Boating Party - Excellent
Julie and Julia: 365 days, 524 recipes- Sometimes good, sometimes horrid
Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came - Good, fun British Cozy
*Hamish MacBeth The Death of a Village - Good, fun
Twilight - dare I say just o.k.????
Buckingham Palace Gardens - Good
The Little Ice Age - Very interesting, sometimes felt like homework assignment
*Watership Down - Excellent
*Down the Garden Path - Very good, solid British writing, good humor
*Merry Hall - Good British humor
*Eleanor of Acquataine - Very good

1 comment:

  1. What a list! I am so impressed. I need more info on some of those titles that sound interesting. One thing I really admire is that you finish the books you aren't enjoying. I usually give a book 50-100 pages and if I don't like it, (or the ending that I always read ahead of time) I give up on it. You are a very disaplined reader! Like I said before, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete