Sunday, December 28, 2008

CINNAMON SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE

Years ago my cousin, Catherine, gave me a cookbook by Elizabeth Banks. It is a great go-to cookbook, especially for sweet treats. I made this cake for Christmas brunch and everyone loved it. Another pretty Bundt pan cake that tastes as good as it looks.

Ingredients
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
18 oz. sour cream

Filling
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 Tbsp. brown sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture. Alternate with eggs. Mix well. Add vanilla and sour cream (I used reduced fat). Pour half of batter in well-greased and floured Bundt pan. Add half of filling, rest of the batter, and the rest of the filling. Bake 65-70 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool on wire rack. Invert after cake is cooled.

3 comments:

  1. I get soooo hungry reading your blog! Thanks for all the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try this one. Your soup recipe has been a hit; I served it at a luncheon 2 days ago and everyone wanted the recipe. You may get some new viewers on your blog!! Darcey

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite desserts. It's soooo goooood!!!!!

    ReplyDelete